DIY Fabric Softener

I hate waste. In my household, we try to live by the three R’s; Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. There is a reason that Reduce and Reuse come first in the three R’s, too. And if you’ve been seeing the news over the past few years, less and less of our recycling is actually being recycled.Continue reading “DIY Fabric Softener”

Strip that down for me

I hate the stairs in my house. Like nearly every bit of wood trim in the house, they were stained a very dark, very dated brown. It’s hard enough to bring natural light into our home, living at the bottom of a hill in the woods. When we first moved in, I attacked nearly everyContinue reading “Strip that down for me”

A Kitchen Spruce Up

The Backstory The kitchen hasn’t been touched yet – but it was time for a kitchen spruce up. When we moved into our home in 2015, it was from a very tiny apartment and so the kitchen felt enormous to me. The new kitchen had about 5 times the counter space (I may have aboutContinue reading “A Kitchen Spruce Up”

DIY Room Renovation

Utility Room Makeover Edition How it Began We bought our 1977 raised ranch back in 2015. At the time of purchase, some of the rooms had been spruced up, but others not so much. Being a raised ranch, there is no dedicated basement space (the whole lower level is considered a “basement”). Thus began ourContinue reading “DIY Room Renovation”

DIY Garden Bed

Looking to up your gardening game this summer? Cedar garden beds are the way to go – and they can be easy to create and pretty affordable. Step away from the fancy kit and build your own in a day – for a lot less. Let’s DIY a garden bed! Our backyard is a prettyContinue reading “DIY Garden Bed”

Building the Fire Pit, the Fire Pit Adventure Part 5

Click here for part four We are finally at the pièce de résistance, time to build the DIY fire pit. While the patio might require more skill and patience than the average homeowner may posses (although everyone is capable!) the fire pit itself is easily achievable by anyone. The Stones I chose these stones fromContinue reading “Building the Fire Pit, the Fire Pit Adventure Part 5”

Set in Stone – the Fire Pit Adventure, Part 4

Click here for part three Click here for part five Creating a diy paver patio is the newest learning experience for me as a Weekend Warrior. I’ve seen it enough times on Ask This Old House and YouTube, but this was the final exam. And let me share with you what I did right andContinue reading “Set in Stone – the Fire Pit Adventure, Part 4”

Bringing in the Flagstones – The Fire Pit Adventure, Part 3

Click here for part two Click here for part four This was the exciting week – the patio pavers arrive! There was a lot of hand-wringing on my part when it came to picking the patio materials. I am the type of person that must love an item before purchasing, no matter what. As youContinue reading “Bringing in the Flagstones – The Fire Pit Adventure, Part 3”

Un-making Waves – The Fire Pit Adventure, Part 2

Click here for part one Click here for part three Wow, I can’t even begin to describe to you the geography of the far part of our backyard. Wavy. Really, really wavy. If you caught my Instagram story from a little while ago, I took folks on a tour of our undulating backyard. The factContinue reading “Un-making Waves – The Fire Pit Adventure, Part 2”

%d bloggers like this: